Acceptance Criteria For Insurance – Age, Accident History & Motoring Convictions.
21-24 years Olds:
- Must have held a full licence for a period of two years
- Not permitted to drive Minibuses/MPV’s or 7.5 tonne Drivers
- Young Driver excess applicable £1,000.00
- 21-22 year old drivers must be free of conviction
- 23-24 year olds are permitted one minor conviction (3 points in the last 3 years).
AGE 25 & above:
- Must have held a full driving licence for a period of 12 months
- Note – Standard cover does not apply for hirers/drivers over 75 years of age (69 on minibuses).
We require each driver to disclose all accidents which have occurred in the previous 3 years, irrespective of circumstance of fault. NOTE: False declarations will have serious consequences.
The following guidelines outline the correct course of action for a hirer aged 25 and over.
- Up to 1 fault in the last 3 years – OK to hire to
- 2 fault accidents in the last 3 years – Insurance Referral required
- 3 or more accidents in the last 3 years – We are unable to insure you
NOTE: 21-22 year old drivers must be free from any fault accidents, 23-24 year olds are permitted 1 minor ‘at fault’ accident (claim under £2,000.00).
If in any doubt – please contact our office to discuss. If necessary a referral can be done with our insurers.
Certain occupations are considered high risk by the insurance industry and sadly we are unable to provide cover to the following occupations:-
- Entertainers & Musicians
- Professional Sports Persons
- Persons connected with Gambling (Other than as a clerical worker).
- General Dealers, Market Traders & Street Traders
- Scrap Metal Merchants
- Students under 25 or any foreign students
Please Note: We require each driver to bring their driving licence and Passport or current Bank Statement / Utility Bill. A check code is also required for UK. Driving Licences.
- Use of Rental Vehicles for Business Purposes other than as a self-driver hire vehicle operator.
- Carriage of passengers for hire or reward (including taxi & Chauffer driving).
- Carriage of goods for hire and reward(Including Couriers and Hauliers).
- Racing, pace making, rallies, trials or speed testing
MOTORING CONVICTIONS – AGE 25 & OVER:
|Any Endorsement commencing UT||NOT ACCEPTABLE|
|Any Licence with two or more disqualifications||NOT ACCEPTABLE|
|Endorsements commencing AC10/AC20/ALL BA/ ALL DD/ALL DG/ALL DR/CD40/CD50/CD60/CD70/MS90||Acceptable only after 5 years from the date of conviction|
|Any conviction resulting in a disqualification of more than 6 months||Acceptable only after 5 years from the dates of conviction|
|Endorsements CD10/IN10/LC20||Acceptable only after 5 years from the dates of conviction|
|Any conviction resulting in a period of disqualification of six months or less||Acceptable only after 3 years from the dates of conviction|
|Any number of endorsements (other than those listed above) with no period of disqualification totalling up to 8 points in the last 3 years||Acceptable|
|Any number of endorsements (other than those listed above) with no period of disqualification totalling 9 or more points in the last 3 years||Insurance referral required – please contact our office for details on 01279 505072.|